API 13 A SECTION – 11(OCMA)
|Sr. No.||Parameters||API 13 A SECTION-11 (OCMA)
|1||Viscometer dial reading at 600 rpm||30 min|
|2||YP / PV Ratio||6 max|
|3||API Fluid Loss||16 ml max|
|4||Residue > 75 µm||2.5% max|
|5||Moisture Content||13% max|
|Name of Drilling Grades||Abbreviations of Drilling Grades|
|API 13 A SECTION 11||Oil Company Material Association ( OCMA ) Bentonite|
- Bentonite extracts the drill cutting from around the bit which is then floated to the surface.
- Bentonite seals the drill hole against seepage and prevents wall cavities and leakages.
- Bentonite (Drilling mud) served to cool and lubricate the drill bit.
- Bentonite form slurry with leakages that is pumped through drill stem and out through drill bit, OCMA & API Bentonite.
- Drilling mud (gel) is crucial in the extraction of drill cutting during the drilling processes.
- Drilling mud (gel) is a major component in well drilling process.
- Another conventional use of bentonite is as a mud constituent for oil and water well drilling. Its roles are mainly to seal the borehole walls, to remove drill cuttings and to lubricate the cutting head.